[Geek-walks] Saturday 21st October: Buxton

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Fri Oct 6 09:50:06 BST 2017

Based on the Doodle poll, the next walk will take place on Saturday 21st
October and will be a trip to Buxton.

Meeting time is 10:30am under the departure boards at Manchester
Piccadilly. We'll be getting the 10:49 Northern service to Buxton which
also stops at the following stations (plus some others - I've only
listed the ones I know some attendees use):

10:54 - Levenshulme
11:01 - Stockport
11:22 - New Mills Newtown
11:28 - Whaley Bridge

If you'd like to meet us at Buxton, the train arrives at 11:48.

Full details of the journey are here:

https://traintimes.org.uk/manchester/buxton/10:45/2017-10-21/13:45/2017-10-21/changes=0

We'll aim to get the 15:24 train back which arrives in Piccadilly at
16:27. There's an earlier train at 14:24 if anyone wants to head back
sooner, or if we finish lunch early.

Northern Duo discounts are available on this route so you can get 25%
off two tickets if you buy them at the same time and travel together.

We'll be walking through the town and the park, which will all be on
tarmac, grit or paved paths so it shouldn't be too muddy. If it's
raining when we arrive we can go straight to the pub as it is close to
the station.

Hope to see you there!

Paul

--