[Geek-walks] Saturday 2nd June: Uppermill

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Sun May 13 20:57:49 BST 2018

Based on the Doodle poll, the next walk will take place on Saturday 2nd
June and will be a trip to Uppermill (I've had to change the date and
location due to last minute strike action and engineering works).

Meeting time is 11:00 under the departure boards at Manchester
Piccadilly. We'll be getting the 11:17 TranspennineExpress service to
Leeds, which also stops at:

11:30 Stalybridge

The cheapest ticket is an off-peak day return from Manchester Piccadilly
to Greenfield (the nearest station to Uppermill) which costs £6.30.
Greenfield is within the TfGM travel area so if you have a rail
travelcard you can use it for this journey.

If you are meeting us at Greenfield, we are due to arrive at 11:36. The
return train is at 15:45 and gets back into Piccadilly at 16:07. There
is also a train at 14:45 if anyone needs to leave early.

The walk will be along a canal path and then up a hill (on pavements) so
it might be a bit muddy in places. Fortunately the pub is at the top of
the hill so we can roll back down to the station after lunch. :-)

Everyone is welcome on the walk, but if you haven't been before and
would like to know a bit more or want a contact number for the day,
please feel free to drop me an email off-list.

Hope to see you on 2nd June!

Paul

--
Paul Waring